As a Developer Advocate at Nexmo, The Vonage API Platform your main responsibilities will be to
build relationships and support technology communities through learning, creating, sharing, and
helping others. You will be the interface between developer communities and the Nexmo product
teams to ensure that Nexmo continues to build innovative products that provide a great
developer experience. You will support local and international developer communities,
demonstrate the benefits of communications functionality and inspire others to innovate with
- Build and maintain quick start samples, demos, example apps and other developer productivity
tools and enablers.
- Build and document open source prototypes to demonstrate using Nexmo APIs in conjunction
with complementary technologies.
- Ensure Nexmo is seen as a communications technology leader through demonstrations of
- Contribute to and provide feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation and product functionality
through hands-on development, individual opinion, discussions with the developer community
and by organising and running beta/alpha programmes.
- Write blog posts and tutorials, and use social media in order to share knowledge, request
feedback, collaborate and engage with fellow developers.
- Provide support via channels such as the Nexmo community Slack, Twitter, StackOverflow and
- Represent yourself and Nexmo at hackathons, on sponsorship booths, at meetups and
conferences and by giving talks.
- Create opportunities for other Vonage employees to engage with developer communities
- Knowledge of the Israeli tech ecosystem.
- 3+ years professional development experience.
- Experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- Ability to explain technical topics to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Demonstrable knowledge of developer communities, events, and thought leaders in the
- Experience giving technical talks within an organisation, at meetups, or at events.
- Excellent written and verbal Hebrew and English
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in an advocacy role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications technologies such messaging and voice in
combination with services such as Amazon Lex, Google Cognitive Services, Microsoft Cognitive
Services, IBM Watson and bot frameworks.
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Please provide at least one of the following: CV or LinkedIn profile.