As a Vonage Network Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, designing communication networks.
We challenge the Network Engineer to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for our users. The Network Engineer will apply and maintain industry best practices and methodologies and enterprise standards to ensure that the network provides reliable service and supports the organization’s business.
What You’re Great At:
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Monitor network performance and perform capacity management.
What You’re Good At:
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Independently tackling challenges: You don’t need anyone to keep you on track. You’re organized and efficient.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic company.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both Hebrew and English.
What You Must Have Experience In:
- Experience in large-scale networks topologies
- Experience with Python and Bash scripting
- Experience with network devices (Routers, switches, load balancers, FWs) and a good understanding of network routing protocols such as BGP.
- Web traffic experience related to data centers and web applications
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VRRP, Routing, etc protocols
- Understand LAN/WAN and transport technologies
- Understanding of Linux as an operating system – Linux skills: install, configure, deploy open source tools
Qualities About You That Might Make our Decision Easier:
- A great recommendation from your previous employer
- B.S in Computer Science
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Please provide at least one of the following: CV or LinkedIn profile.