As a Vonage Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
We challenge the Product Manager to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers. A product manager’s key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won’t be supporting their tactical tasks.
What You’re Great At:
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
What You’re Good At:
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Independently tackling challenges: You don’t need anyone to keep you on track. You’re organized and efficient.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both Hebrew and English.
What You Must Have Experience In:
- 3+ years of software product management experience.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, as well as Web and Mobile technologies.
- Experience in communication technologies – Voice, video and messaging platforms, as well as APIs and platform services.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Qualities About You That Might Make our Decision Easier:
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- A great recommendation from your previous employer
- Love to learn
Please provide at least one of the following: CV or LinkedIn profile.